Monday, August 27, 2007

Stuck for Green Ideas? Reclaimed Wood Furniture Could be the Answer

These days, Green is the new black. Green with a capital 'G', that is. And reclaimed wood furniture seems to fit the criteria for people looking for green solutions in their home.

But that's just it, isn't it? It'd sometimes -hard- to find green solutions. You want to do the right thing, reduce, reuse, recycle, and such...but actually putting it into practice -and looking good at the same time- that's tough!

I found a couple of wonderful resources to help you get started, however.

The first, Green Living Ideas, has some great tips, tricks, and innovations. I did a search for Reclaimed wood furniture, as well as furniture -by itself- and came up with 8 different articles, all dedicated to how to choose green furniture. Pretty awesome, eh?


The Second, TreeHugger (which I am sure many of you have heard of) has a wealth of information on 'greening up' your house. They feature a number of great designers.


Anyway, I'll definitely be looking here for some tips when I purchase my next piece of reclaimed wood furniture, or heck, any piece of furniture. Might as well go the whole nine yards, right?

Also, I'll shortly be adding some of my own resources. I've found a couple of particularly good online retailers that you may just want to check out.

Enjoy!



No comments: